Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

How to Open PMD File in Blender (Not Efficient) CTG #4

So yesterday's CTG I posted a Franken Fran video and said I would download the file, and I did. Except I'm not a MMD user and I didn't feel like learning a new program, so I figured I'd use a program I know very well, Blender. Blender can not open MMD files (PMD and PMM(?)) thus you have to convert the files. To do this you have to download 2 programs, PMXEditor and fragMotion.

How to?
Open the file in PMXEditor then export it as a "dot-X" -> (.X) file.
Then open the .X file in fragMotion and export it as OBJ.
Then Open it in Blender.
Done.
....! However! This is not efficient and it does not produce a good model. The mesh is crappy (it still looks the same but isn't good for animation). I'll continue to look into it and keep this updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment