Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

MineCraft Review


MineCraft Review

So I'm a little late to this party (as usual I suck, and this is my first game review) since Minecraft is as old as time. I play Minecraft on the Xbox, so when ever I say that people are always like, “You're missing out, the PC version is way ahead.” To which I reply, “Suck up.” The game is awesome either way. Now if you have an Xbox and are short on cash (Also if you have a sucky computer) I would recommend the Xbox Version. It's cheaper by about 5-10 dollars (The PC keeps going up in price. Right now it's about 28 dollars, when I first heard of it it was only $11.), and I think it would be funner. Playing on the computer, in your room, for hours is pretty anti-social, but if you play in a living room or family room it's a little less reclusive.



The game play is fun. Imagine the world being made with Lego's and you can build anything you want. Or like a survival game (with Lego's) where the point of the game is to collect resources all-the-while fighting zombies, creepers and other monsters. You can build almost anything, I've seen people build working computers before and whole cities. There's almost no learning curve, maybe play the tutorial, but it all comes pretty easy.

There's no story, you just build stuff.

I'll admit that when people first started talking about Minecraft, I gave them a lot of shit and thought it was the stupidest game ever, and now I play it for about an hour a day. It was weird how I went around to all my friends and apologized for making fun of them. (They still think I'm an ass.)

The game has two gameplay options, Survival and Creative. In Survival you build stuff while surviving, and fighting off monsters, while in Creative you are immortal and can fly in order to build more grand structures; you also don't have to mine resources, you have access to all of them and in an infinite quantity. In Survival there are different difficulty settings, Peaceful, Easy, Normal, Hard. In Peaceful no monsters spawn (this is the level I play at because I suck) and once in easy monsters start to spawn and after normal they become harder to kill and deal more damage.

In the game the terrain in pretty big, not so much in the Xbox version with it being only a fraction of the computer version. There are different biomes, and there can be many within a single map.

I haven't played on multiplayer yet, because I don't have Live and I don’t like embarrassing my self. But from what I hear it's fun and can turn into a PvP in no time, instead of fighting zombies, Creepers and other monsters players fight each other.

As some final thoughts for this game, I'd say it's well worth the 1600 Microsoft Points. It's addicting on every level and can quickly become a social life killer. I spent days during the summer just playing Minecraft, even skipping work a few times. However with all the good things to say the only things bad I'll say is the Xbox Version takes them forever to update and we're really for behind from the computer.

Well that was my first game review and hopefully not the last. Now I'll start writing the Halo 4 review.

No comments:

Post a Comment