Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sailor Boys (Limerick)

Sailor Boys
The sailor boys all play fun games
It was cute to see them get dames.
Some would get a kiss,
While others would miss,
Not even getting their names.

This is my only Limerick poem, and to be honest it's the only one I'll write. I don't like the fact that it's supposed to be funny, don't get me wrong I write funny poems all the time, but it's just something about limericks that just doesn't sit right (I sound pretty stupid).

As always the following it from Poetrysoup.

"Definition

A limerick is a five-line, often humorous and ribald poem with a strict meter. Lines 1, 2, and 5 of have seven to ten syllables (three metrical feet) and rhyme with one another. Lines 3 and 4 have five to seven (two metrical feet) syllables and also rhyme with each other. The rhyme scheme is usually "A-A-B-B-A"."

No comments:

Post a Comment