Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

May Sickness (Chapter 12)

Chapter 12
Roy sat against his bed watching the flickering of the flame.
What can I do? Hell, all I can do is set around and cry, like a little bitch.He started to smile. The look on that cops face, he almost shit himself when he saw them.Roy turned his focus to his hands. He remembered punching the girl in the face, stabbing the man, and slamming the mans face against the wall. He remembered how to felt. It was not the feeling of the surge in adrenaline through his veins, but the sensation of the emptiness in his heart being filled. I’m a sick bastard. I’m a piece of trash for doing that to a girl.



Roy continued to look at his hands, and looking back at the candle. Nina I miss you. I don’t care if its only been one day, I still miss you. I’m so cold and you warm me. What would you think if you saw what I did today? He started to cry, I don’t want to be like how I was, it was so lonely, so dark.
He started to become penitent for not fighting to stay. We should of ran away or something, but no I just sat there watching you as we drove off.
With a few deep breathes he tried to calm himself.
Ouch!” An extreme burning sensation enveloped his hand. “What the hell?”
The candle was still in the middle of the room.
Roy's eyes darted from the flame to his hand. “What’s going on?” He whispered. Maybe I put my hand on the lighter.He blew on his hand to relieve the pain.
The flame started to dance, moving side to side, growing small then back to normal.
Roy held his hand in the direction of the candle, joking with himself, now extinguish!He closed his hand and made a fist.
The candle extinguished.
What? No way!”
He opened his hand.
The candle’s flame returned.
Oh my god!” What else can I do?
He concentrated on the flame.
The flame separated from the candle's wick and started to float toward him. He reached his hand out, it rested in his hand.
The heat of the flame burned Roy’s hand.
He let out a cry, “Oh god! Damn it! Shit!” The flame disappeared as did the pain.
His mother ran up the stairs and to his bedroom door.
Roy heard a rattling of the door knob, then the pounding of his mother’s fist against the door.
Suck the fuck up! God damn, masturbating can’t be that fun! Be quiet!”
Sorry mom, just got a little excited,” Roy was going to tell her, but decided not to. “I’ll be quiet.”
Excited? Your disgusting. I guess it’s a good thing your door’s locked.”
Well good night.”
Okay good night.” She walked back downstairs to her room.
Roy again concentrated, but on the wick. Now, make fire!
The candle ignited.
Roy stood up and put his hands on his hips, “I am God!” And started laughing. Maybe it was the speed in which he stood up, or the fact that he just manipulated fire, but he became light headed, his body started to tingled and he fainted.
His body hit the floor with a “thud” and the candle went out.

That night the only thing he dreamed of was Nina. Just sitting beside each other, in the dream they did not converse, they just sat, watching the world go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment