Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

May Sickness (Chapter 16)



Chapter 16
Weeks went by and Roy’s relationship with his mother had anything but to ameliorate. She worked everyday, leaving early and returning late. Their conversations shrank until they were nonexistent. The decline in interaction did not bother Roy, he still resented her for them moving. Yeah it is selfish of me to think this way, but still she could have done this back home.


With his mother’s first day off in weeks they sat at the table for dinner.
What have you been up too?” His mother asked.
Nothing. What about you?” Roy may have been angry but he would not be rude.
Well in such a big city there’s always something going on, that’s why I’ve been so busy. The whole rotation was missed up when this one guy, who used to work there, got arrest so I’ve been covering for him. But soon I’ll have some time off.”
That’s goo…”
Roy?! Are you okay? Did you have a stroke?”
Roy sat across from his mother. What the hell?! Why is she naked?! This is disgusting! As if fate had thrown a curve ball at him, he was speechless, his list just got shorter. Across from him, he saw his mother’s naked body.
Are you okay?” She once again asked.
Yeah, it’s just I... I forgot something.” Roy covered his eyes with his hands. Damn it! I can see! Shit!His hands were not enough, all they did was obstruct the view with transparent images of veins, muscle, and bone. When he closed his eyes, his eyelids were of little help.
What did you forget?”
It’s something in my room, I got to go.” Roy ran from the table, straight to his room. What the hell! How did I do that?! I wasn’t trying to see her naked, that’s just sick! Was I just concentrating and it happened?He looked at his feet. Let’s see,concentrating, his eyes focused on his feet, he was able to see pass the flesh and see the inner workings of his foot. Oh shit.His stomach became heavy and he ran to the bathroom, just across from his room.
Blaw!
The vomit hit the toilet's water with a loud sloshing sound.
Come on my cooking wasn’t that bad!” His mother yelled from downstairs.
The naked image of his mother flashed into his mind.
Blaw!
Roy stumbled back into his room. Pulling out the list he removed “Seeing through stuff”.
That was not worth it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment