Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

May Sickness (Chapter 31)

Chapter 31
See you when I get home Roy.” Roy’s mother said as she walked out the door.
A feeling shot through him, forcing him to say. “Mom, I love you.” Roy was confused as to why he said it, but it felt right.
Love you too.” She smiled at him.
Bye, mom.”
Bye.”
She shut the door behind her.
Roy walked to the bathroom.
Roy looked in the mirror, still he was not used to his newly acquired appearance. He smiled thinking of Nina’s words.



He was not dirty, not in the least bit, but he stripped down and stepped into the shower.
The water hit and washed down his back.
Ten thousand years, about ten thousand years in just a few hours.” Roy said to himself. “Sixteen years, how many years did he live? In sixteen years he must have lived over a million years. Maybe that’s why we became one, so he could stop living.” He stopped speaking for a moment. “I even almost lost hope and my desire to love.” Roy thought back to the countless fights he had in his mind, all to devise an infinite amount of tactics and strategies. “She only lives a block or two from the school. I’ll walk there after this. After last night, she wouldn’t go to school.” He shifted through his thoughts and looked back into Nina’s past. The time since she had moved there. “Shit!” He yelled jumping out of the shower. “Since they’ve met he’s walked her to school in the morning!”
He forced the water off his body, completely drying himself. He then grabbed his clothes and ran out of the bathroom still naked.
The clothes melted onto his body as he ran.
Roy ran out the door once again saying, “Fuck shoes!” but that time every moment mattered.
No matter how fast he ran it would be at least ten minutes.
As he ran he looked as hard as he could, but with no result. Roy could see her house, and every room but hers. It was blank, he tried to feel out for the room but it was just a void, empty.
Tears hit the ground as he ran, “No. Please be alright.”

Roy was a block away.
An ambulance drove by him, coming from the direction of Nina’s.
As it passed him, he looked into it.
Inside was Nina. Her body on a gurney, lifeless without a heart beat, absent of brain activity, she was gone.
The base of her wrist, cut so far through that bone showed.
Her naked body, soaked with blood.
This sight encompassed Roy’s entire world.
No! No! No!” He yelled, his foot hit a raised piece of sidewalk, tripping him. His face sliding against the concrete, the skin on his face ripping off, nose broken and teeth missing. With the speed he was running, when his foot hit the slab of sidewalk his toes here broke and toenails ripped away.
He lay in a puddle of blood, and tears. “Why!” He punched the ground. “Why does this shit happen to me! Why me!” he yelled.
Roy got to his feet and started once again to run. As he ran the flesh on his face grew back, as well as his teeth and toe nails. The bleeding stopped as he continued to run.
A police car drove in the opposite direction as he ran but did not stop.
And finally within seconds of falling he was in front of Nina’s house.
He stood frozen for minutes afraid to go in.
Roy walked to the front door and knocked.
Her mother opened the door.
Hello?” She stood, eyes red, and still crying.
Where is he?” Roy asked.
Roy?” She asked not recognizing him.
Yes, where is…” He was interrupted as she hugged him.
Roy, Nina’s…”
I know.” He stopped her.
How?”
It’s not important, where’s Kevin?!”
I don’t know who that is.”
Roy looked into her mind, it reminded him of Nina’s. “Let’s go inside.”
Okay?”
They walked into the house.
Does that bastard have no shame?” Roy placed his hands on her shoulder. He concentrated, a moment later all the event she had experience with Kevin flooded into her mind.
What is this?” She fell into a chair.
Roy ignored that and walked up the stairs to Nina’s room.
He stood for a moment, hand hovering inches from the door knob. He feared what would be on the other side.
Slowly his fingers grasped the knob, slowly he twisted it and slowly he opened it.
He walked in and saw the bed.
Sheets and blankets stained red in a jumbled mess. The room was in shambles.
The sight overwhelmed Roy, he fell backwards. It was not so much that it was blood, but more so that it was Nina’s.
He debated what course of action to take. Should I just leave, or should I…but the mere thought of it was enough to cause it to occur and once it started Roy could not close his eyes, or look away. He was forced to witness the events that happened less that an hour before.
Roy please help me.” Nina once again thought.
Whatever that fuck did is pissing me off. I want to know what you are thinking!” Kevin grabbed Nina by the hair and threw her on the bed. “Don’t worry I’ll be gentle.”
Stop! Stop it now!” Roy yelled as he tried to stop the images from flying into his brain. But it was hopeless, he had no way to stop seeing what had happening or what had happened. But worst of all he could hear Nina’s thoughts.
Kevin removed his pants and took off his underwear. He then pulled Nina’s clothes off.
Roy watched in horror, disgust, empathy and anger as Kevin stole Nina’s innocents, her dignity. Kevin finished moments later.
You sick fuck!” Roy’s anger consuming him. His clothes would tear to shreds only to convert back to their original state.
Kevin leaned over Nina, “Wouldn’t you have rather been in an ignorant bless, than this? No answer? Well I enjoyed it either way.”
He grabbed her arm and placed his index finger on it. He slid it across her wrist, a large cut followed. Kevin then quickly moved away, to insure that blood would not touch him.
The blood quickly rushed from the wound, soaking the blankets.
Well I guess I won’t be seeing you around, but bye.” He looked at the clock. “Damn I’m going to be late to school.”
Kevin walked out of the room and out of the vision.
Roy was forced to sit there and watch as Nina slowly bled out.
I don’t want to die. I want to live. I want to live and be with mom, Roy and Roy’s mom. I want to go to school and be late to class every day. I don’t want to die. I love you, everyone.” Her last thoughts.
No, no, no, no.” He was just whispering his denial.
He sat in the blood soaked, empty room. It smelled of iron and death.
But out of the chaos and rage that engulfed his mind, heart, and soul came a serenity. Something snapped, a type of insanity developed in him.
Roy slowly stood up and walked out of the room and down to the living room where Nina’s mother was still sitting in disbelief from her sudden recollection.
Mrs. Smith,” he started as he walked over to a stand and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen.
Yes?” she answered, looking at his turned back.
At about five o’ clock my mother will be home from work.” He started writing on the paper, “Here’s my address and my mother’s phone number. I’d like you to give her a message, would you do that for me?” He asked looking at her.
Yes, but why?”
Please tell her that I love her and I’m sorry for everything about not spending enough time with her, about not showing her enough respect. But please tell her what you wish about what happened, but not that it was done by her hands.”
She started to cry.
You know she didn’t do it.”
She nodded.
I want you to know that I truly loved her, and still do, and that you where like a second mother to me, bye now.” He started to walk out the door.
Why are you telling me this?” She asked.
Because I’m going to kill that bastard, and I won’t be returning.” He turned and looked at her. She looked into his eyes, he was crying, but that was not what struck her, it was the eyes. Looking into then, she felt better; she knew that her daughter would be avenged.
Roy shut the door behind him.
He started to walk to the school. A walk because he would not be able to control himself if he ran.
As he walked down the street, a blood trail followed. His hands clenched so hard and tight his finger nails pierced the skin of his palms. The skin continually healed.
Even if he is stronger than me, he’ll die. Those other guys will come and finish the job.
He was a block from the school.
No, that won’t do! I’ll kill him, and no one else will. I’ll make him suffer. If anyone gets in my way I’ll kill them.
He continued to walk.
I’ll see you soon Nina.”
Roy was only a few yards from the school.
Fuck, one way or another I knew I wouldn’t be finishing school this year.” He joked.


No comments:

Post a Comment