Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

May Sickness (Chapter 39)

Chapter 39
The boy had been dead for several minutes, but Roy's hands were still tightly around his throat. Roy's eyes were transfixed on Kevin's purple face, slowly being wet by falling tears.
Regret crept in from a far corner of his mind, to engulfing it entirely. This is it?He thought. This is it?! It can’t be over! I want you to suffer!“This isn’t over! God damn it!” Roy yelled he started to shake Kevin's limp body. “Come back! Come back so I can kill you again!” He started to punch Kevin’s face, slowly breaking the bones of his skull.
I think he’s dead.” Came the soft voice of a woman. Her voice, alone, calmed Roy, he stopped his pointless onslaught.

Roy looked back, and behind him was Samantha. From where he was setting, the angle, she looked young, beautiful. Unlike the others, who wore formal wear, her clothes where passed casual and on the border of relaxation and night wear. A long sweater, a pair of yoga pants and a pair of slip on shoes. Her long red hair fell to her mid back, and her big blue eyes sparkled in the sun light.
They looked into each other’s eyes.
So you’re the kid that’s causing all the trouble? That guy is not one of us, who is he?” Her voice was calm and collected.
He’s the one that started all this.” Roy looked at the ground as he spoke.
Are you glad you’ve killed him?” She asked.
Yes. I only wish I could do it again, he did terrible things, and deserved a harsher punishment than death.” Roy's words were cold, voicing his anger.
I see. Was your drive to kill him the reason you were able to kill two of the strongest humans in the world?” Samantha asked.
I don’t care if it was.” He looked back at Kevin’s body, but then felt a hand on his shoulder. “Are you going to kill me? If so I will not fight a woman, and at this point I won’t fight back even if it was a man.”
Stand up, please.”
Roy did as she asked; he got to his feet and stood in front of her, getting a better look at her. She was definitely older than he had originally thought, she was in her forties, but her age did not infringe on her beauty but pay it complements, with lines defining a beautiful mature face.
Your soul is pure, it is not up to me to judge you though, and I am to stay unbiased.” She took a deep breath, and continued. “In my life I have killed countless innocent and guilty people, and there has always been regret accompanied by it.”
Roy stopped her, “Why are you telling me this? What meaning does it have?” He asked, sounding rude.
It holds all the meaning it has to, it will help you answer a question I will soon ask you, okay?”
Okay, go ahead.”
It’s a cruel joke, the after life that is. Whether you believe in it or not, it still exist, but the only time you can see it is when you are damned to suffering. You can go about your life not believing in it, but when you do die, you get peace and rest, Heaven. The same goes for if you believe, except you never knew if it exist, but you pray to go to Heaven.” She saw Roy was getting agitated, “Don’t worry this is going somewhere. There is only one way to be certain in your life to know whether it exists or not, but it’s also what separated the pure from the sinners...”
Which is?” Roy asked.
To be a sinner and see for yourself.”
Okay?” Roy said, confused.
It’s okay if you don’t understand, I’ll explain. There are few sins worthy of damning you to Hell, murder in one of them. When you kill someone, if they are guilty nothing happens, but if they aren’t you’ll know it. If you kill an innocent person, you get the slightest sight of Heaven. For the shortest amount of time you feel the ultimate pleasure, the one you would feel in paradise, Heaven. It gives you a taste of something you’ll never have, and it’s the first torture you feel. So I’ll ask you, have you seen a little slice of heaven? Are you innocent or guilty?”
Before I answer that, what’s your name?”
I’m Samantha.” She answered.
All of it.”
Samantha the Compassionate.”
Roy sat on the ground, “Well Miss Compassionate why don’t you just kill me?” Roy asked.
I don’t want to.” She looked down at him.
It’s funny,” He said, looking at his bare feet, “I can remember every moment of my life, right down to the smallest detail. I can devise a plan to do anything imaginable, to accomplish every possible goal. I have experienced the worst possible pains, in every sense. But even with all this knowledge, experience, and everything else, I don’t know what to do. Sure I have numerous contingency plans, but no matter how I look at it, there’s no way out.”
No way out of what?” Samantha asked.
No way out of a life full of pain, my life will never be the same.”
That’s true, but it’s the same for everyone.”
Roy looked at her and smiled. “I hope you don’t get offended, but you’re really cute. You’re pretty.”
Thank you.” She replied.
You’re only the second person I have ever said anything like that to.” He started to cry.
You don’t want to die, do you?” Samantha asked.
What are you talking about? I’ve lived far to long to fear death.”
How old are you?” Samantha asked, as Roy’s words perplexed her.
Sixteen.” He smiled but tears still fell.
You’ve hardly lived.” She smiled.
Your going to kill me, aren’t you?” He asked.
Yes, I’m afraid so.”
Well, I had a good run, wouldn’t you say so?” She remained silent, “How is it?” Roy asked.
What?”
How is Heaven?”
It’s the most amazing place, perfect, a utopia. Any loved one that has passed on is there, pain doesn’t exist there. You can rest in eternal peace”
Can’t wait to get there.” A few seconds of silence passed.
Are you ready?” Samantha broke the silence.
Yeah go ahead.” Roy closed his eyes and felt her hand rest on his head.
I’m sorry.” She said.
In an explosion of blood and shredded flesh, Roy’s body dispersed into the air. Blood settled on the ground, with any solids broking down into an indistinguishable powder and mush.
Roy’s world turned to complete darkness.

Roy is that you? Why are you here?” Nina’s voice cut through the darkness, the darkness turned to light and a euphoria filled Roy’s body.
Nina stepped into Roy’s view, and Roy ran to her. He hugged and kissed her. “I love you Nina! I love you.”

She smiled and said. “I love you too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment