Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Top 10 Funny Animes


Top 10 Funny Animes 

Yesterday when I was bored I made a bunch of top 10 list. This, as the title says, is about the top 10 funny animes I've seen.




I've really been wanting to watch this anime, I can't wait until it's dubbed.
The List!
I'd rather not do a mini review of each, because in time that will come, so I'll add a summary... You just have to trust me that they're funny.

10. Dokkoida?!


Justdubs Summary:
The Galaxy Federation Police (GFP) desperately wants to cover-up its personnel shortage with new mechanized power-suits. Suzuo, 19-years old, desperately needs a job. Tampopo needs an earthling to fit the prototype of her company's suit and declares Suzuo the perfect candidate! Strong competitors and the wacky A-class criminals fight against our hero in diapers, but they must not recognize each other out of costume or the test results will be a failure- but it's OK if they all live in the same apartment building to save money, right?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's pretty short, but extremely funny. I finished it in two settings and I really want more. I ranked this so low because of its length, otherwise it'd be higher (or lower on the page, that is). The characters are funny and cute (a lot of the charm is how thickheaded/clueless they are). A fair amount of fanservice... my favorite being Neruloid Girl.


-------------------------------------------------------

9. Lupin the Third


Plot by Wikipedia
Arsène Lupin III, the grandson of the fictional gentleman thief, Arsène Lupin, is considered the world's greatest thief, known for announcing his intentions to steal valuable objects by sending a calling card to the owners of his desired items. His right-hand man and closest ally is Daisuke Jigen, an expert marksman who can accurately shoot a target in 0.3 seconds. Although Lupin and Jigen frequently work as a two-man team, they are often joined by Goemon Ishikawa XIII, a master swordsman whose sword can cut anything, or Fujiko Mine, a femme fatale and Lupin's love interest. Although Fujiko usually works together with the others, she occasionally exploits Lupin's interest in her to steal the treasure for herself. Lupin and his gang are constantly chased by Inspector Koichi Zenigata of the ICPO, who has made it his life's work to arrest them, chasing Lupin across the globe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember watching this on Adult Swim, it's a great show, really long; the only thing I can say against it is that I can't seem to find it online. I can find some movies but not the anime. Lupin is funny and his partners are as well. The funniest thing I've ever heard in an anime came from Goemon "the old exploding bear trap on the ass trick" after Lupin sat on the bear trap and Goemon said that I dropped everything and was like "well everything is going downhill from here for me, that was the greatest thing I'd ever heard, no other anime can measure up." <- That was before I watched Baka and Test.
--------------------------------------------------------------------- 


8. Hetalia

Summary by Justdubs
Based on a popular web-released manga series by Hidekazu Himaruya, this has been described as a "cynical gag" story set in Europe in the years between WW1 and WW2 (1915-1939), using exaggerated caricatures of the different nationalities as portrayed by a gaggle of bishōnen. For example, the Italia Veneziano character is into pasta and women. The Deutsche (German) bishi loves potatoes and sausages, and Nippon is an otaku boy. Installments of the manga have jumped back and forth in setting from the ancient times to modern-day geopolitics. The manga's title comes the Japanese words for "useless" (hetare) and Italy (Italia).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just wish for two things in this series; 1 being for the episode to be longer, and 2 for America to have more screen time. Seriously Hetalia is funny, full of historical information (seriously there is), and is just awesome. Okay add a third thing for the series, more females! Like ninety percent of the characters are men... but those that are women are pretty hot. Also Hetalia has great voice actors. As previously stated this series does have actual historical information. The name meaning useless Italy is pretty spot on for the WWI and WWII setting, as Italy in WWII was pretty useless. "Like seriously, why would Mussolini invade Ethiopia? Even if the invasion is a success what's there? And it was so far away. The only good thing about Italy during the war was that they forced Germany to thin their forces to support Italy." And Hetalia pokes fun at Germany have to support Italy on many occasions when he goes and tries to invade other countries.
----------------------------------------------------------------------


7. Bobobobobobobobobob....bo (give or take a "Bo")


Plot by Animefreak:

Bo Bobo is a man with the incredible power of hearing the voices of hair and using his own to fight. He uses his power to fight off the Margarita Empire and all of EmperorTsuru Tsuruiina's minions who are stealing the hair off of anyone they find to power up their emperor.
----------------------------------------------
Wild goofy random madness is how I would describe Bo bobo. I first saw it on Toonami then I started to read it in Shonen Jump. When first watching it I thought it was going to be a serious series... until he started using nose hairs for weapons, then I was like, "It might still be serious" then the random humor starts and Gasser comes in and I just sat back and enjoyed some laughs. You can't prepare yourself for it, it just hits you and your on the floor teary-eyed and laughing.
--------------------------------------------


6. Excel Saga

Summary by Justdubs:
Hyperactive Excel does anything and everything to try to please her lord, Ilpalazzo, who wants to take over the planet. Excel`s misadventures takes her and her partner, the ever-dying Hyatt, all over the world, meeting several strange people as they go. Everything is bizarre and goofy, as any kind of anime or entertainment genre gets mocked and spoofed.
-------------------------------------------
I first read the manga about... a million years ago? I don't remember how long ago it was, I just know it was a long frick'en time ago. The manga is hilarious as well as the anime. The only thing I can say against the anime is that for me it is sometimes hard to understand Excel (she speaks really loud, really fast. I find the above summary spot on, it is goofy and bizarre. It's kind of like bobobobo...bo.
---------------------------------------------


5. School Rumble


Summary by Justdubs:
Tsukamoto Tenma is an ordinary 2nd year high school student who has fallen in love with one of her classmates, Karasuma Ooji. However, currently she is unable to confess her feelings to him. To make things worse, she found out that Karasuma is transferring to another school in a year. On the other hand, Tenmas other classmate, Harima Kenji (who is a delinquent) is also in love with Tenma. Not being able to confess his feelings, Harima gets depressed day by day.
-------------------------------------------------
Story of my life... at least some of it, not being able to confess my love (sometimes I guess). School Rumble was just enjoyable to watch, the length of the series is pretty good (long-ish with a bunch of laughs). Diverse characters, good humor, and the greatest lead male role ever... Harima! It's one of those animes/stories that you just root for the underdog (Harima). The love triangles are more believable than in most slice of life anime/manga. It took me awhile to get around to finishing it, but I loved watching School Rumble it was fun, now I just have to read the manga.
--------------------------------------------------   

4. Lucky Star



Summary by Justdubs:

Portrays the lives of several school girls attending a Japanese high school with a very loose humor tone. The main heroine is Konata Izumi, an athletic and intelligent girl who, despite these attributes, is not in a sports club, and her grades remain low. Her laziness at school is due to her love for anime and video games, and she is not interested in much else.
--------------------------------------------------------
It's Lucky Star! Konata is in it, what else is there to justify the validity of as to why it's ranked so high (it should be higher). 


3. Sgt. Frog



Summary by Justdubs:

Keroro is a frog-like alien sent from his home planet on a mission to conquer Earth. But when his cover is blown, his battalion abandons him and he ends up in the home of the Hinata family. There, he's forced to do household chores and sleep in a dark basement that was once supposedly a prison cell haunted by the ghost of an innocent girl. He even spends his free time assembling Gundam model kits. During his stay, Keroro meets up with subordinates who were also stranded during their failed invasion.
--------------------------------------------------------
This is one that I put of for a long time. Not because it isn't good or anything, but when it was first dubbed the only news I got about it was from Anime Insider (Damn that's old XD), and back then I didn't have high speed internet so I couldn't watch it and I didn't have money to buy it. So I put it off. But when I did start to watch it I couldn't stop. It's funny... really funny... really fucking funny! It's just a bunch of hilarity in each episode, with the titles to each being a play on the titles of popular works. It also has three amazing voice actors in it; Piccolo, Death the Kid, and Stein (Christopher Sabat, Todd Haberkorn, and Chuck Huber).


2. Shin Chan



Summary by Justdubs:


Crayon Shin-chan follows the wacky antics and adventures of five-year-old Shinnosuke "Shin" Nohara and his parents, neighbors, and friends and is set in Kasukabe, Saitama Prefecture, Japan.

Many of the jokes in the series stem from Shin-chan's occasionally weird, unnatural and inappropriate use of language, as well as from his inappropriate behavior. A typical gag involves Shin-chan confounding his parents by using the wrong phrase for the occasion; for example, saying "Welcome back!" instead of "I am back!" when he comes home.


During the beginning of the series, the TV show was mostly based on the storyline in the original manga. As the show progressed, more and more episodes became anime-original.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Shin Chan is one of those shows that I will watch over and over again. It's just one of the raunchy comedies I like; puns, gags, fart jokes, it has everything. I love Shin and his family, they kind of remind me of mine (except his is smarter XD). I've watched for a long time, since I was like 13? (Maybe). I really contemplated about putting it as number one (and let's just say that it tied for number one). I think, seeing as I haven't read the manga, that maybe I'll starting reading the manga as well.


1. Baka and Test



Summary by Justdubs:

The story centers around Akihisa Yoshii, the "baka" of the title. His academy rigidly divides up the student body into classes based on the results of tests. The prodigies are in the A class with reclining seats complete with air conditioning, but Akihisa is in F class, the lowest rung of the school ladder which is furnished only with low, decrepit tables and worn-out straw tatami mats. A girl named Mizuki Himeji is actually one of the smartest girls in Akihisa's sophomore year, but she had a fever on test day and was pigeonholed into the F class. Besides Mizuki (who Akihisa secretly adores), the F class also has Yuuji Sakamoto, the class president who has been Akihisa's friend and partner-in-crime since the freshman year. The school happens to have developed experiments to summon fantasy creatures, and Akihisa decides to rally F class to take on the higher-tiered classes and seize their perks. The F class uses the summoned creatures in an all-out battle for school supremacy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reason I rank Baka and Test as the best is because it really is funny, the jokes and gags just carry more of an impacted. While looking for something to watch while drawing I found this anime, at first I was using it just as background noise, but after about a minute I had stopped drawing and was fulling engrossed  in it. Right of the bat there was a gender mix-up joke. This anime made being an idiot fun (^_^). The whole concept of the show is fascinating and I wish this was real and in my school. The best part about Baka and Test is it taught me how to create an infinite supply of ramen (If you've seen it you get it, if not then go watch it XD). The girl characters are hot and, I'm not a shamed to say it, even one of the male characters is attractive (also you'll get it if you've seen the show).



Baka and Test is extremely funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment